Monday, July 12, 2010

sadness.

I'm sure most of you have heard about the attacks last night in Kampala. You can read about it here. Two bomb blasts went off in the capital city as people were gathered to watch the world cup. The death toll is now at 74, and the attacks are being claimed by a Somali terrorist group.
I am safe. I am staying about 5 hours away from Kampala in the north, and it is incredibly ironic because for the first time in decades it feels more secure in the north than in Kampala.

I am so sad that this is the headline news coming out of Uganda right now. Over the past few weeks I have had full immersion into all things Uganda and have fallen a little in love with the country.

This country deserves peace.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad you're safe. I know it must be difficult. I'm thinking of you.

Unknown said...

So glad you are okay. Sending love to you and Uganda. <3

Laura said...

we are so glad you are safe! praying for a safe trip back to the states when it is time for you to leave. much love from home.