Monday, June 21, 2010

we're here!

We made it! We arrived in Uganda yesterday morning, safe and sound, but jet laaaaged. The country is really beautiful, and I am so excited that I am going to be able to see so much of it. Yesterday we were able to see some of the highlights of Kampala, the capital city, including parliament, the major university of Uganda, and the famous Kasubi tombs. They are a UNESCO World Heritage because of their huge cultural importance, and, sadly, were destroyed by fire back in March. You can read about it here .


My skirt was too scandalous, so I got to accessorize.

We took care of some business in Kampala today and then drove to Lira, our main home for the next 6 weeks. My battery is dying and exhaustion is setting in, so you'll have to stay on the edges of your seats for more details about Lira.

No comments: